New York-based, Silicon Valley-born, Beatrice Glow will participate in a 2018 Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship, an innovative research-based artist residency program, at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery and The National Numismatics Collections at the National Museum of American History.
My current solo exhibit Beatrice Glow: Spice Roots/Routes at the James B. Duke House with NYU Institute of Fine Arts is on view March 22 – June 19, 2017. Please join me, along with some illustrious guest speakers on Thursday May 11th at 6:30 PM for"Empire of Tobacco: the Legacy of Tobacco"!
- Smudge at the entrance of the James B. Duke House
- Introductions by curators Kristen Gaylord and Kathleen Robin Joyce
- Opening remarks by George Stonefish
- "Spice Roots/Routes," a performance/lecture by Beatrice Glow
- "Tobacco, tobacco! Sojourns, Symbols, and Slaves in the Shaping of the Modern World," a talk by Prof. Gunja SenGupta